Log shipping is one of the high availability method in SQL server.It is used to keep the entire database in different servers.
- We need 3 servers required to configure the Log shipping.
- Primary Sever.
- Secondary Server.
- Monitor server(Optional).
- Log shipping it works with Backup,Copy and Restore jobs.
- Primary server is called as a production server.
- In Primary sever SQL Server database is in Online sate.
- Backup jobs are created in Primary server,
- Secondary server is called as a DR(Disaster Recovery) server.
- In secondary server SQL Server database is in Standby or Restoring mode,
- In secondary server T-log backups are applied either Standby or No-recovery.
- Log shipping it can allow multiple secondary servers.
- Monitor server also called as Optional server.
- If a log shipping using monitor server, The alter job is created,
- It maintain status of Backup,copy and restore operations and raise alerts if any operation fail.
- To reduce down time of the application.
- To implement the load balancing, i.e We can allow reading or reporting from secondary server.
- Multiple secondary servers can be configure.
- Low maintenance.
Click Below Links: