In this article, We will explain you step by step approach to uninstall SQL Server Instance.
Pre-requisites to uninstall an SQL Server instance:
- You must login system as local administrator with permission to log on as a service.
- Need to check MSI and MSP files in server, if any file was missed need to fix it.
- You must have minimum amount of physical memory with enough page size(Page size=2 times of physical memory).
Important point to be consider before uninstall SQL Server 2012.
- Backup your production database.
- All SQL Server services must be stop. This would leads to successful removal of SQL Server.
Now that we have that out of the way…..On with removal of SQL Server 2012.
Go to start a Run and type in appwiz.cpl
Right-click the installation of SQL Server 2012(64-bit),and select ‘Uninstall/Change‘.
Either of the above methods will open the following window.Please click on the Remove hyperlink.
A verification step will start up with the wizard. Click OK.
It open a Remove SQL Server window. Here, SASINEW is the Named instance we previously installed in our system.If you install the SQL Server with default instance, then select that default instance.
Select instance & Click Next.
Select Features: Please select the features that you want to uninstall from your computer. The below screenshot will show the list of pre-installed features in our local system.
Click ‘select All’ and Click ‘Next’.
Yet another verification step Click Next.
Here’s another verification step. Click Remove button.
This is the longest part of the uninstall process. It will appear as through some of the progress hangs. Don’t worry. Just be patient while it completes.
Congratulation, SQL Server 2012 is completely removed. Click Close.
Voila,you’re done!…..Reboot your system if possible.